Tuesday, February 7, 2012


5 boats later and nothing to show.  We're starting to wonder if this trip is a bust.  Every boat so far has been a disappointment.  It seems neglect is the curse of old boats.  This was confirmed earlier today when I tested the sink pump on a 1989 Catalina and it broke off in my hands and started shooting salt water into the boat.  The yacht broker scolded me and said if I break anything else we'd have to buy it.  Good thing he was kidding, but I made sure not to touch anything else.  Marianne cried on the way back to our motel.  Hate to say it, but today is a low point.  We're both well aware that the bottom line is that we need to find a boat in the next 5 days or suck it up and go home.  Bogus journey?  Perhaps, but in the meantime, stay positive, stay positive!!!

We have a few more potential boats lined up.  One in particular, is a 1979 Allied Seawind 32.  I'm excited about this boat because it's outfitted for the type of trip we're planning.  Unfortunately, we have to wait a couple days to see it.  In the meantime, we're planning to look at a couple more Catalina 30's.  Let's roll?

No comments:

Post a Comment